Classic Dynamics Compressor
- Kick ass with a powerful, percussive sound on your clean guitar and melt steel alloy when playing lead with ultimate sustain
- This BEHRINGER product has been designed to compete head to head with leading products on the market
- "Smoothes out" volume peaks and provides endless sustain with ultra-stable dynamics
- Status LED for effect on/off and battery check
- True hard-wire bypass for ultimate signal integrity
- Runs on 9 V battery or the BEHRINGER PSU-SB DC power supply (not included)
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
DYNAMICS COMPRESSOR DC9
Compression gives strong presence and snappy attitude to your clean sound while making your leads absolutely scream. The DC9 gives you an incredible compressed sound in one tough, easy-to-use stomp box.
What’s a Compressor?
Dynamics play an important role in music. They help to convey emotion, whether it’s a sultry blues solo or the unrelenting gallop of unfettered metal. But uncontrolled dynamics can take all your best intentions and turn them into so much, well…mush. That’s where compression comes in, softening loud sounds and boosting low signal levels to keep everything more uniform. So, a compressor’s main job is to make every note the same volume.
Ever notice how some strings on your guitar or bass sound louder than others? This is partly due to physics. Strings with lower mass just don’t put out as much volume as the heavier ones. When used properly, a compressor makes all of the strings the same volume. Compressors are also great for slap-style bass players, making thumb slaps, string pulls and muted notes all the same volume, for an extremely percussive effect.
Easy to Use
Just twist the dedicated Output dial to determine how much volume you want it to kick out, then adjust the Sensitivity dial to determine the level where everything from delicate strumming to aggressive picking will be heard with equal presence. Whether you're ready to tear up the countryside with some down-home chicken-pickin' or melt faces with a searing metal solo, the DC9 will change your idea of ideal tone. The blue status LED tells you when the DC9 is on, while the true hardware on/off switch maintains the highest quality signal integrity in bypass mode. You can power it with a 9 V battery or a DC power supply (not included).
When your music is too good to be ignored, play it through the Dynamics Compressor DC9. Your sound will be impossible to miss!
You Are Covered
*Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.