Reference-Class 2-Channel Expander/Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter with Integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser and Low Contour Filter
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee characteristics
- Adjustable dynamic Enhancer with level meter for brilliant, lively audio even with heavy compression
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable De-esser removes excessive sibilance from your vocal tracks
- IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
- Automatically or manually adjustable attack and release times
- Switchable Low contour filter prevents "pumping" due to low-frequency dominated compression
- Stereo couple function with independent output level settings
- Switchable side chain input with monitor function
- Separate 12-segment LED meters for input/output levels and gain reduction
- Dedicated "traffic light" Threshold and Enhancer level displays
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with ¼" TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
AUTOCOM PRO-XL MDX1600
The reference-class MDX1600 is a marvelous dual-channel Expander/ Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono or stereo signals, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely-high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX1600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, and Low-Contour filter to provide the ultimate in signal enrichment. Put simply, the MDX1600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments – providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing!
Audio Dynamics Toolkit
Here are just a few of the MDX1600’s outstanding capabilities: Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) – provides program-adaptive compression, combining all the advantages of both hard and soft-knee compression Enhancer – lets you emphasize the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies for maximum punch, clarity and detail – without raising overall volume IGC (Interactive Gain Control) – combines clipper and program limiter for reliable, inaudible protection against signal peaks De-Esser – “must-have” tool for reducing sibilance in vocal mics, while preserving natural voice timbre – often used to enhance upper-mid, to high-frequency smoothness in vocals, drum overheads, strings, etc. Side Chain – allows insertion of graphic/parametric EQ to reduce specific frequencies – also often used to “tighten up” tracks using an internal or external signal to trigger compression, or gating of signal being processed (ex. using bass guitar signal to un-gate kick drum) Stereo Couple – links both channels, allowing Channel 1 dials and switches to provide dynamics control over both channels (true stereo processing)
The MDX1600 features amazingly-accurate 12-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and 1⁄4" Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the AUTOCOM PRO-XL MDX1600 takes up just a single rackspace.
The incredible MDX1600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features – the MDX1600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows – and an absolute “must-have” for your studio! Check out the AUTOCOM PRO-XL MDX1600 at your BEHRINGER dealer, or place your order online today.
You Are Covered
*Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.