VLS 15 (EN 54)
Passive Column Array Loudspeaker with 15 Drivers and FAST Dispersion Control for Installation Applications (EN 54-24 Certified)
- Passive column array loudspeaker for indoor and outdoor installation applications
- 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak power
- 7 vertically arrayed 3.5” low frequency drivers provide high intelligibility speech reproduction
- 8 vertically arrayed 1" high frequency metal dome tweeters for full range sound up to 35 kHz
- FAST (Focussed Asymmetrical Shaping Technology) delivers asymmetric vertical dispersion towards the typical listening plane
- EN 54-24 certified for fire detection and fire alarm systems
- Multiple transformer taps for 70 V and 100 V line systems or 12 Ohm direct input
- Low insertion loss 150 W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch
- All components weather resistant to IP65 for outdoor use
- Architecturally styled aluminium enclosure with a semi matt black painted finish
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel perforated grille
- Included custom brackets allow quick and accurate installation
- 5-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
VLS 15 (EN 54)
The VLS 15 (EN 54) is an 800-Watt passive column array loudspeaker ideally suited for challenging acoustic and architecturally sensitive spaces where background/foreground music and speech reinforcement is required. Applications include airports, train stations, conference centers, houses of worship, stadium concourses, museums, theme parks and hotels. The heart of the loudspeaker system is its asymmetrical vertical dispersion, which gently shapes the acoustic coverage towards the lower quadrant of the vertical axis. VLS 15 (EN 54)’s Focused Asymmetrical Shaping Technology™ (FAST) also facilitates quick and easy installation, with less need for tilting for optimal mounting. EN 54-24 compliance makes the VLS 15 (EN 54) the perfect choice where safety is a top priority. VLS 15 (EN54) packages this performance in a slender and narrow profile, aesthetically refined, powder coated aluminum chassis with curved stainless steel grille.
VLS 15 (EN 54)’s design comprises 7 vertically arrayed 3.5" low frequency drivers and 8 vertically arrayed 1" high frequency metal dome tweeters for pristine audio reproduction from 110 Hz - 35 kHz (-10 dB), with 120 dB peak SPL (1 m, Lo-Z). The UV and weather resistant aluminium enclosure provides 130° horizontal x +6° / -22° vertical dispersion for targeted coverage. Also certified for water and dust ingress protection to IP65 standard, the VLS 15 (EN 54) is an exceptional choice for challenging environments such as indoor swimming pools, saunas, or work areas with unusually high levels of dust or moisture, and outdoor applications.
FAST – Focused Asymmetrical Shaping Technology
Designed with an asymmetrical vertical dispersion pattern, the VLS 15 (EN 54) merges enhanced performance with simplified mounting to cover a wide range of installed applications. The vertical dispersion of the VLS 15 (EN 54) allows optimal zones to targeted for even and precise coverage. Additionally, in installations where conventional column loudspeakers require substantial downward tilt, the VLS 15 (EN 54) requires much less – even enabling flush mounting, for significantly improved visual aesthetics.
Low-Z or Transformer Operation
A multi-position EN 54 compliant tamper-resistant rotary switch on the rear panel allows the choice of either the low-Z, or the 70 / 100 V operating modes, with available transformer taps at 150; 75; 37.5; 19; 9.5, and 5 Watts.
A right angled water tight cable gland is supplied with the VLS 15 (EN 54) for use in outdoor applications with an input panel cover is secured to the cabinet using the four screws. Simply pass the wiring through the cable gland and make your connections on the provided barrier strip. A second strip is provided for linking additional loudspeakers in either low-Z, or 70 / 100 V distributed systems.
*Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.